SUBMERSIBLE & SUMP PUMPS
Some people swear that there's no better place to live than near a body of water. While fishing, boating and swimming can provide for countless hours of fun, one bad storm can bring the fun into your home, causing thousands of dollars in damage and an insurmountable amount of repairs and maintenance - and that's assuming the water only makes a short stay.
Since basements are typically below ground level, draining the water out is nearly impossible without a quality sump pump. And the longer the stagnant, polluted water sits in your home, the more extensive and potentially dangerous damage it will cause.
While this is a serious issue faced by homeowners all over the United States, residents in Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. are no strangers to storms that produce heavy flooding and water damage, as they're particularly vulnerable to this kind of devastation.
It's important that anyone whose home is susceptible to flooding install a reliable drainage system, but from the Hampton Roads up to the Greater Baltimore area, it's a no-brainer to have a sump pump system always at the ready.
Not all pumps are alike though, coming with a number of different floats, diaphragms and mercury switches. While each offers its own pros and cons, it's crucial that residents of Virginia, Maryland and D.C. have an automatic sump pump that will start working the moment their home starts to fill with water. Furthermore, once the water is gone, manual sump pumps can burn out if they sit idly running "dry" for an extended period of time.
At John C. Flood Inc., we not only install Zoeller automatic Sump Pumps, the leader in water solutions, we also offer Virginia, D.C. and Maryland sump pump repair.
The Zoeller Mighty Mate Series Submersible pumps for dewatering (sump) or effluent (septic tank systems):
- Submersible pump for dewatering (sump) or effluent (septic tank systems). Float operated, submersible (NEMA 6) 2 pole mechanical switch & variable level long cycle systems available
- Corrosion resistant powder coated epoxy finish
- No sheet metal parts to rust or corrode
- Stainless steel screws, switch arm, guard and handle
- No screens to clog
- Watertight neoprene square ring between motor and pump housing
- Solid buoyant polypropylene float
- Oil-filled, hermetically sealed, automatic reset thermal overload protected motor
- Upper and lower sleeve bearings running in bath of oil
- Entire unit pressure tested after assembly
- Carbon and ceramic shaft seal
- Maximum temperature for effluent or dewatering 130°F (54°C)
- Passes1/2" spherical solids
- 1.5" NPT discharge
- On point: 7 1/4"
- Off point: 3"
- Major width: 10 3/32″
- Major height: 10 1/16"
- Watertight and dust tight
- Permanently oiled bearings.
Recent Sump Pump Related Posts
- Backup sump pumps/waterproofing
- Commercial and residential plumbing
- Complete bathroom remodeling
- Drain cleaning
- Faucet repairs
- Low water pressure problems
- Polybutylene re-piping
- Sewer ejection pump replacement
- Sewer line video and underground leak detection
- Tankless water heaters
- Toilet repairs
- Underground water line and sewer line repairs
- Water purification.