John C. Flood Apprenticeship Program
At John C. Flood, our goal is to provide the best customer experience possible — that’s why we’re one of the most highly-rated local home service companies in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. region. For our team, the best way to ensure customer satisfaction is by investing in our employees.
Our company offers an HVAC and plumbing apprenticeship program to qualified applicants. Through this process, individuals can learn the ins and outs of the industry from a team that’s seen it all! With over 115 years in the business, our crew of caring and professional technicians can handle anything thrown at them because we’ve been servicing homes in the area longer than any other HVAC, plumbing, and electrical company.
The Virginia Registered Apprenticeship program is an employment training model that produces highly skilled workers to meet the demands of employers competing in a global economy, through a combination of on-the-job training and related technical instruction. It is a “win-win” approach to workforce development for apprentices (employees) throughout the Commonwealth.
- As a full-fledged employee of John C. Flood, a Registered Apprentice must complete a minimum of 2,000 hours of supervised on-the-job training and a minimum of 144 hours of related technical instruction for each year of apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship terms are occupation-specific, but the average term is four years.
- Successful completion of the Registered Apprenticeship Program earns the apprentice nationally recognized state certification as a journeyperson.
- All apprentices are registered through a Department of Labor and Industry apprenticeship consultant.
1. Highly Accredited & Highly Rated With 1000's of 5-Star Reviews
2. 100+ Years of Experience Serving Generations of Families
3. Regular Rates 7 Days a Week For Your Convenience
“My technician Hudson was personable and willing to explain what he was doing and why.”- Elle E.