Alexandria, VA Air Conditioning Repair & Installation
John C. Flood specializes in AC Repair in Alexandria, VA. Whether you’re looking to install a new cooling system or want to schedule routine air conditioning maintenance, our team can do it all. We diagnose the AC issue, provide solutions, fix the problem, and plan for the future.
Our team has over 100 years of experience providing air conditioning service for homes in Alexandria, VA. We’ve seen it all, so no problem is too big or small for us to handle. Schedule service to make sure your AC system is in tip-top shape.
Benefits of Air Conditioner Efficiency in Alexandria, VA
Extreme heat and humidity can have a negative impact on your overall well-being. Keeping your air conditioner running, especially during the hot summer months is crucial to keeping your home comfortable.
Summertime creates conditions that require your HVAC system to work in overdrive. This additional burden on your air conditioner as it works harder to keep your home cool can shorten the lifespan of your system and cause your monthly utility expenditures to skyrocket.
The John C. Flood team can increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency with a routine service check. A licensed HVAC technician will:
- Clear away debris from your outdoor condenser unit. If the coils on the outside condenser unit are clogged with pollen, dust, etc. then the system will not work as efficiently to cool your home.
- Replace clogged HVAC filters. Replacing a dirty, clogged HVAC filter with a clean one can lower your AC's energy consumption by up to 15%. Our HVAC experts will make sure your filter is switched out with a clean AC filter to protect your family’s air quality.
- Clean your AC drain line. If neglected, a clogged air conditioner drain line can lead to increased humidity levels, unwanted mold growth, and musty odors. Those conditions mixed with summer heat aren’t ideal. Our team will make sure your AC drain tube is properly cleared and cleaned to increase your indoor air quality and boost energy efficiency.
- Properly seal all air leakage points. If outside air enters and conditioned air leaves your house through cracks and openings, your monthly energy bill will be extremely expensive. A trained HVAC technician can identify places in your home where conditioned air might be escaping and seal those spots to ensure your AC system doesn’t have to work harder than required.
Choosing the Correct Size AC Unit
Increasing your home’s energy efficiency could be as easy as making sure your air conditioner is the correct size for your home’s square footage. Using the right size AC unit for your space is the only way to ensure your home is being effectively cooled.
To determine the correct size AC unit for your home, you need to determine how many British Thermal Units (BTU) per hour are needed to power your air conditioner. One BTU represents the energy needed to cool a single pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
The certified HVAC technicians at John C. Flood exactly what size AC unit is best for your home to make sure your HVAC system doesn’t have to work overtime to cool a space that’s larger than what it’s intended to cool. Schedule a cooling inspection to make sure your AC unit isn’t at risk for premature death or emergency AC repair in Alexandria, VA.
Avoid Unexpected Air Conditioner Issues By Joining Our Service Partner Program
Remembering all the different times throughout the year that you need to schedule regular or seasonal maintenance for your HVAC system, plumbing system, appliances, electrical wiring, etc. can quickly become overwhelming.
By joining John C. Flood’s Service Partner Program, leave it to us to remind you when your HVAC is due for a check-up! Our maintenance plans are designed to remove stress from your life and strain from your air conditioning unit.
Contact us to learn more about our Service Partner Program. We’d love to talk to you more about what it includes and how it saves you money. By joining, you will lower the chances of needing air conditioning repair in Alexandria, VA.
Schedule AC Maintenance With John C. Flood To Keep Your Home Cool
When you choose John C. Flood for air conditioner repair and service, you’re choosing to work with knowledgeable technicians who carry a variety of parts in their service vans to be prepared to fix any problem!
Our team has been handling air conditioning repair in Alexandria, VA for over 100 years! We’ve seen it all and our certified HVAC technicians want to maximize your home’s comfort. For AC repair in Alexandria, call (703) 752-1267 or schedule service online.
Our Expertise Includes:
- Air conditioner general service and repairs of all brands
- Air conditioner leaks
- Air conditioning tune-ups
- Annual safety inspections
- Attic ventilating systems
- Ductwork and sheet metal
- Electric air cleaners
- Energy-efficient equipment tax rebates
- Energy management plans
- Factory authorized dealer for Bryant, Burnham and A.O. Smith comfort systems
- High-velocity small duct systems
- Space-Pak System
- Unico System
- Indoor air quality improvements
- Installation of new AC systems in new home additions
- Programmable thermostats
- Repair and replacement of rooftop units
- Whole house humidifiers
- Whole house air purification.
Recent Air Conditioning Related Posts
Related Service Areas
- Air Conditioning Arlington, VA
- AC Repair Fairfax, VA
- Air Conditioning Service Washington, D.C.
- AC Repair in Woodbridge, VA
- Air Conditioning Service Ashburn, VA
- Gaithersburg, MD Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Repair Rockville, MD
- Springfield, VA Air Conditioning Service
- Air Conditioning Repair Silver Spring, MD
- AC Repair Loudoun County, VA
- AC Repair Leesburg, VA
- and more in the DMV!