John C. Flood is Giving Back - We Want to Help You Pay for College
John C. Flood wants to do more this year by offering one $1000 scholarship to a talented and deserving student. Students in any major are welcome to apply!
Before applying for the 2016 John C. Flood Scholarship, please read the submission guidelines below in full.
Included in your scholarship application, please respond to one of the following essay prompts in 1,000 words or less:
1. John C. Flood has a long history of serving the DC, Maryland, and Virginia areas. We were founded in 1904, when 20% of the US population couldn't read or write and only 6% graduated high school. Higher education was not an option for most people and only 10% of US physicians had a college degree. How has the increased college enrollment and graduation rate affected the country?
2. We at John C. Flood are focused on providing top notch service and customer experience. How does the customer's experience affect businesses in the service industry? What are ways that this has changed over time and how has it affected the business-customer relationship?
When submitting this essay, ensure the file is set up as follows:
- Document Name: LastName_FirstName_Date
- Format: PDF
By submitting your essay, you are relinquishing any copyright to your essay and granting John C. Flood an unlimited license to use your essay in whole and in part as we see fit.
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
This scholarship is open to students enrolled in a college or university for the 2016-2017 school year. All submissions must be received by the deadline of December 1, 2016.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next semester
Selection will be based on academic achievement, essay submission, and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
Following the submission deadline, John C. Flood will review all applications and notify the recipient. The award will be sent to the recipient via check at their permanent mailing address as listed on their resume unless otherwise noted.
About John C. Flood
We at John C. Flood are a plumbing and HVAC company committed to excellence and customer service. Our mission is to solve all your plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical needs. Our customers have been part of the John C. Flood family for generations and we are dedicated to pleasing them.
To apply for this scholarship, please submit the following form by December 1, 2016: