Air Conditioning Repair & Installation
Do you have air conditioning problems in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, DC? We can help. John C. Flood offers air conditioning repair and replacement 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at a reasonable price.
If you live in Alexandria or within a 25-mile radius, we're the place to call if you need your AC fixed or replaced. Why? We’ll give you five reasons.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No waiting for the next business day. No extra charge for weekend or holiday visits.
AC Repair Expertise
Our experienced service technicians can take care of any AC repair. Is your air conditioner leaking? Not blowing cold air? Not working at all? We can diagnose and fix—or replace—any home AC unit.
BEFORE YOU CALL: There are a few steps you can take to make sure you really need a service visit.
- Is your unit on, in a closed room (doors and windows shut)?
- Did it trip a fuse or breaker?
- Has the high-pressure limit switch on your AC compressor pane been flipped?
What else could be wrong? Some common reasons for AC repair include:
Leaks: A liquid agent runs through your unit to cool the air. If levels aren’t high enough, the system won’t work correctly.
Worn electrical components: Your AC unit works hard to fight the summer heat. The compressor, fan controls, and other components can wear out over time.
Corrosion: Coils, connections and terminals can also become corroded.
Drain: If the drain that carries the water away from your home becomes clogged, the unit cannot work efficiently.
Improper installation: If you have a window AC unit, it won’t work right if it isn’t mounted level or the thermostat sensor becomes dislodged from its proper position.
If you see a leak, suspect a clog, or see evidence of a broken part or corrosion, call the professionals at John C. Flood.
During your AC service check, our technician will:
- Check the refrigerant
- Test for leaks
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Inspect, clean and tighten all electrical connections
- Apply lubricant, as needed
- Ensure your thermostat works correctly
Quality, Brand-Name Products
If we have to replace or install any components or systems, you’ll be purchasing the best brand-name products—products that will last if you put some time into maintenance and upkeep.
DID YOU KNOW? Taking just a few proactive steps can keep your air conditioning unit functioning longer and better:
- When is the last time you checked your filters and evaporator coils? If they're clogged or dirty, your unit won't work right.
- Is there debris around the outdoor components? Remove leaves, litter or other clutter to keep the machine running smoothly.
- What about fluid levels? Do you know how to check your coolants? (if not, one of our technicians will be happy to show you when they make a house call)
DID YOU KNOW? You might think AC should keep your home icy cold—but experts say the best temperature setting for an air conditioner is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Does that seem too hot for you? There are other ways you can keep your home comfortable:
- Dehumidifier/humidifiers: We can install a whole-house system that will remove excess moisture during the humid months (and add it during the cold season, when heating systems dry out the air)
- Programmable thermostats: You can keep the house cooler when you’re home and warmer when you’re away
- Air purifying systems and electronic air cleaners: Ask us about our top-of-the-line purifiers that will keep the air inside your house healthy and clean
DID YOU KNOW? The cost of refrigerant—the liquid agent that cools your indoor air—has gone up drastically in recent months. Every HVAC company has to pay more for it, and unfortunately that increase will trickle down to consumers.
Why? Supply and demand. R22 refrigerant (Freon), which was the standard coolant for decades, is being phased out across the globe because it depletes the ozone layer. As it becomes scarcer, it becomes more expensive. Its replacement, R401A, can no longer be imported cheaply from China. For more details, see our blog post here.
Our trained and friendly technicians get high ratings from your neighbors for their prompt, professional service:
“Jason knows his stuff. Fast and thorough. We really enjoyed his service. Would recommend him to your other customers without hesitation.” — Elsebeth W., Haymarket, VA
“Luke has been coming to service our machines. He is the ultimate professional. Neat, smart and a gentleman. You should be glad he represents you.” — Anne K., Springfield, VA
“Mr. Pavone completed the annual air conditioning inspection in his usual professional manner. He also installed a new thermostat to control the AC unit. Mr. Pavone is always very complete in his work. He is a credit to John C. Flood.” – Faye K., Washington, DC
“Trustworthy, caring, quick, thorough, helpful, and nice! From the gentleman who expertly pinpointed the problem with my old HVAC and explained it to me in a way that was easy to understand, to Jake who worked diligently to find the best solution, to Maggie who worked on Mother's Day to ensure all the arrangements were set, to the wonderful and super-efficient Eli and Justin who installed the new HVAC, I appreciated being taken such good care of. No matter the question they were all very responsive.” – Kerry H., Arlington, VA
“When you deal with quality, you expect it. JC Flood delivers! You have serviced my two air conditioners and furnaces along with a whole house generator for the past decade. The quality of your service and the professionalism of your employees continues to be excellent.” – Fred H., Alexandria, VA
Full-Service AC Experts
If you need to replace your air conditioning, we can help you choose the right solution—and then install and maintain it.
How do you decide if you need an air conditioning replacement?
- Time: How long you have owned the unit? If it’s only been a handful of years, you’re probably better off paying for repairs. A system that’s 10 years old or more probably needs replacing.
- Cost: If the total estimated bill of a repair will cost over half of what a new unit would, you’re probably better off investing in a new one.
- Reliability: If your air conditioning unit is always breaking down or doesn’t consistently keep your home cool, chances are it should be replaced.
DID YOU KNOW? If your air conditioning unit is less than five years old, it is quite likely that it’s at least partially covered under its original warranty. Make sure you find out before you make any decisions! Taking advantage of the warranty—that you bought and paid for—will make the replacement process a lot easier and less expensive.
Maybe you enjoy the heat and humidity outdoors during the spring and summer months in the DC metro area—but do you want to live without air conditioning around the clock? Imagine spending a day in the sun, then walking into a sauna.
If you have any questions or concerns about air conditioning service, repairs or replacement, we’re here to help. John C. Flood offers AC repair and HVAC service in Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, the Washington, D.C. metro region and surrounding areas.
Schedule a service call now. With more than 100 years of expertise and a team of fully trained service technicians, we’ll take care of your air conditioning repairs fast.
View how a TopTech Air Knight REME Air Purification System Works
Our Expertise Includes:
- Air conditioner general service and repairs of all brands
- Air conditioner leaks
- Air conditioning tune-ups
- Annual safety inspections
- Attic ventilating systems
- Ductwork and sheet metal
- Electric air cleaners
- Energy-efficient equipment tax rebates
- Energy management plans
- Factory authorized dealer for Bryant, Burnham and A.O. Smith comfort systems
High velocity small duct systems
- Space-Pak System
- Unico System
- Indoor air quality improvements
- Installation of new AC systems in new home additions
- Programmable thermostats
- Repair and replacement of rooftop units
- Whole house humidifiers
- Whole house air purification.
Recent Air Conditioning Related Posts
Related Service Areas
- Air Conditioning Arlington, VA
- AC Repair Fairfax, VA
- Air Conditioning Service Washington, D.C.
- AC Repair in Woodbridge, VA
- Air Conditioning Service Ashburn, VA
- Gaithersburg, MD Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Repair Rockville, MD
- Springfield, VA Air Conditioning Service
- Air Conditioning Repair Silver Spring, MD
- AC Repair Loudoun County, VA
- AC Repair Leesburg, VA
- and more in the DMV!