Air Conditioning Repair & Installation
Running into air condition problems in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C.? For over a century, John C. Flood has offered home AC repair and replacement. Our call center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we don't charge extra if you need to schedule an emergency weekend or holiday repair.
If your AC stops working, it’s only a matter of time before your home becomes unbearable. Don’t wait to schedule AC repair with John C. Flood.
Experienced AC Repair Technicians
Our experienced service technicians can take care of any AC repair. Is your air conditioner leaking? Not blowing cold air? Not working at all? We can diagnose and fix — or replace — any home AC unit.
Our team offers:
- Air conditioning installation: Our technicians are equipped to handle the evaluation of your current HVAC system and determine whether or not a new unit is necessary. Although we want to save you money, the replacement of your AC system is inevitable after a certain amount of time. The John C. Flood team calculates the necessary MERV rating required for your air filter and exactly what size AC system you’ll need to properly cool your home.
- AC system evaluation: The trained eyes of our service team can give a thorough assessment of your AC system and identify specific problem areas that could be leading to poor energy efficiency.
- AC repair: Eventually all equipment wears down, especially during periods of heavy use. The John C. Flood team is certified to diagnose and repair your HVAC system quickly in case you need emergency AC repair.
- Service Partner Program: John C. Flood offers a service agreement program tailored to the needs of our customers. The Service Partner Program provides annual service to individuals to maximize the lifespan of their HVAC system, especially during the months of extreme temperatures.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Some common reasons for AC repair include:
- Leaks: A liquid agent runs through your unit to cool the air. If levels aren’t high enough, the system won’t work correctly.
- Worn electrical components: Your AC unit works hard to fight the summer heat. The compressor, fan controls, and other components can wear out over time.
- Corrosion: Coils, connections, and terminals can also become corroded.
- Poor drainage: If the drain that carries the water away from your home becomes clogged, the unit cannot work efficiently.
- Improper installation: If you have a window AC unit, it won’t work right if it isn’t mounted level or the thermostat sensor becomes dislodged from its proper position.
If you see a leak, suspect a clog, or see evidence of a broken part or corrosion, call the professionals at John C. Flood. An AC inspection by a professional HVAC technician can save you thousands of dollars down the road by catching problems early on.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, contact the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. HVAC experts at John C. Flood.
How Do You Know Whether You Need An Air Conditioning Replacement?
- Time: How long you have owned the unit? If it’s only been a handful of years, you’re probably better off paying for repairs. A system that’s 10 years old or more probably needs replacing.
- Cost: If the total estimated bill of a repair will cost over half of what a new unit would, you’re probably better off investing in a new one.
- Reliability: If your air conditioning unit is always breaking down or doesn’t consistently keep your home cool, chances are it should be replaced.
If your air conditioning unit is less than five years old, it is quite likely that it’s at least partially covered under its original warranty.
Make sure you find out whether or not your unit is still covered by its original warranty before you make any decisions! Taking advantage of the warranty will make the AC replacement process less expensive.
What To Expect During An HVAC Service Call
During your AC service check, the John C. Flood technician will:
- Check the refrigerant
- Test for leaks
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Inspect, clean, and tighten all electrical connections
- Apply lubricant, as needed
- Ensure your thermostat works correctly
Schedule AC Repair With John C. Flood
If you need to replace your air conditioning, the John C. Flood team can help you choose the right solution — and then install and maintain your HVAC system. Consider joining our Service Partner Program for regular annual HVAC service.
If you have any questions or concerns about air conditioning service, repairs, or replacement, we’re here to help! John C. Flood offers AC repair and HVAC service in Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, the Washington, D.C. metro region, and surrounding areas.
With more than 100 years of expertise and a team of fully trained service technicians, we’ll take care of your air conditioning repair or service your HVAC system quickly and professionally. Schedule service online, or call (703) 752-1267 now and trust your home to John C. Flood.
View how a TopTech Air Knight REME Air Purification System Works
Our Expertise Includes:
- Air conditioner general service and repairs of all brands
- Air conditioner leaks
- Air conditioning tune-ups
- Annual safety inspections
- Attic ventilating systems
- Ductwork and sheet metal
- Electric air cleaners
- Energy-efficient equipment tax rebates
- Energy management plans
- Factory authorized dealer for Bryant, Burnham and A.O. Smith comfort systems
- High-velocity small duct systems
- Space-Pak System
- Unico System
- Indoor air quality improvements
- Installation of new AC systems in new home additions
- Programmable thermostats
- Repair and replacement of rooftop units
- Whole house humidifiers
- Whole house air purification.
Recent Air Conditioning Related Posts
Related Service Areas
- AC Repair Alexandria, VA
- Air Conditioning Arlington, VA
- AC Repair Fairfax, VA
- Air Conditioning Service Washington, D.C.
- AC Repair in Woodbridge, VA
- Air Conditioning Service Ashburn, VA
- Gaithersburg, MD Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Repair Rockville, MD
- Springfield, VA Air Conditioning Service
- Air Conditioning Repair Silver Spring, MD
- AC Repair Loudoun County, VA
- AC Repair Leesburg, VA
- and more in the DMV!