Ductless heating and cooling units don’t restrict your home with large areas of inefficient ductwork, which means a ductless AC unit can deliver conditioned air to practically any area of your home.
If you’re considering a ductless AC system for your home, then be sure to work with the ductless air conditioner installation professionals.
With quality installation and an effective maintenance plan, a proper ductless AC system installation can last years.
Keep your home temperatures comfortable throughout the entire year by working with the expert AC technicians at John C. Flood.
We’re here to answer all your questions about installing a ductless AC system in your home. Learn more about the scope of the job and which ductless AC unit would be best for your home below.
Ductless Air Conditioner Installation Costs
The price range for a ductless AC system installation varies depending on the size of your home, the number of units, and the type of ductless air conditioner you choose.
On average, a ductless heating and cooling system costs around $3,500 for a single-zone ductless mini split system and over $7,000 for a multi-zone ductless mini split system.
It’s safe to assume a ductless AC system will cost between $2,000-$10,000.
Here are some additional price estimates and unit details to consider:
Single-Zone Ductless Mini Split System
- Low-cost system: $2,000-$3,000; 5K-18K BTUs; wall unit; 15-18 SEER rating; easy installation.
- Average-cost system: $3,000-$5,000; 12K-30K BTUs; wall or ceiling unit; 15-21 SEER rating; moderate to hard installation.
- High-cost system: $5,000-$7,000; 24K-48K BTUs; wall, ceiling, or floor unit; 18+ SEER rating; moderate to hard installation.
Multi-Zone Ductless Mini Split System
- Low-cost system: $2,800-$4,200; 18K-24K BTUs; 2 to 3 units; wall ductless AC unit; 15-18 SEER rating; easy installation.
- Average-cost system: $4,200-$7,500; 24K-48K BTUs; 3 to 5 units; wall, ceiling, or floor ductless AC unit; 15-21 SEER rating; moderate to hard installation.
- High-cost system: $7,500-$10,000; 48K+ BTUs; 4 to 8 units; wall, ceiling, or floor ductless AC unit; 18+ SEER rating; moderate to hard installation.
What to Expect During Your Ductless AC System Installation
Typically, installing a ductless mini-split system is a quick job. Assuming there are no complications, the average timespan for an installation job takes one to two days.
The exact length of time for the installation depends on the unit, size of your system, and how many indoor units require mounting inside your home.
While it is usually quick and painless, a ductless AC system installation is a substantial job. You will require a contractor to drill a hole in your wall during a mini-split system installation.
When you work with licensed professionals, the job should be painless and flawless in execution.
Ready for Your Ductless AC?
A ductless heating and cooling unit can distribute consistent temperatures throughout your home with more efficiency than traditional units.
They are easy to install, help alleviate allergies, and help homeowners save money.
correct andn effected the component replacement. Overall elapsed time was roughly 45 minutes. Recommend John C. Flood and it staff, especially our technician, most highly.