Backed by 100+ Years of Service
Leak inspections are one of the best ways to reduce water waste for your home. Getting your plumbing inspected for leaks regularly can also help prevent a leak from occurring in the first place. Regular maintenance and checkups on your piping help ensure that any problems with your piping or a potential leak are noticed and repaired before a massive issue occurs.
Getting a regular inspection from a certified plumber helps keep your plumbing functioning efficiently, and it can help catch looming maintenance issues before they become expensive problems. Save time and money by trusting the trained eye of a professional plumber to handle your leak inspections.
Some of the most common issues with plumbing that end up causing leaks and requiring a repair include the following:
- Damaged, broken, or worn away seals and gaskets
- Worn out pipes or joints
- Clogged pipes and drains
- Cracked or broken fixtures
- Decaying pipes or corrosion
- High water pressure
- Poor pipe design
At John C. Flood, we have over 100 years of professional experience offering plumbing leak detection services and repairs. Our team of skilled and licensed plumbers can handle your water leak detection and repair quickly and efficiently.
It’s so important that you work with a professional leak detection company when dealing with leak detection and repairs.
Without the right knowledge or skills required to find and fix an issue, you could end up missing the actual source of the problem or repairing the issue incorrectly, costing yourself more money in the long run.
Slab Leak Detection and Repair
Slab leak detection and repair involves the use of specialized leak detection by an experienced plumbing professional. Slab leaks occur when the pipes in the water and sewer lines beneath your home break, fracture, or explode.
Because the leak is in the pipes underground beneath the slab — not in the slab itself — the source of the leak is not visible to the untrained eye. However, there are some common indicators that your property has a slab leak:
- Cracks in your walls and/or floors
- The sound of running water when water isn’t being used
- Mildew or moisture under flooring
- High water bills
- Smells of sewage
If you’re experiencing any of these signs of a slab leak in your home, it’s important that you enlist help from plumbing professionals like those at John C. Flood. Without the proper tools and experience, slab leak detection and repair services may damage your home.
Signs of a Leak
Water leak detection is most effective when it’s done early and quickly, which is why it’s important to recognize early signs of a leak.
While sometimes leaks are easy to see, here are some signs of a water leak in your home to help you find sneakier leaks:
- Random or unaccounted for low water pressure
- Water spots on the walls or ceiling
- Peeling or blistering paint on the walls or ceiling
- Sagging or warped walls or ceilings
- Water-damaged flooring
- Wobbly shower heads
- Rusty pipes
- Wet smells that linger, like mold and mildew
- Visible signs of mold or mildew
- Dripping sounds
- Collecting water or moisture under sinks
- An unexpectedly high water bill
- Abnormal noises coming from your plumbing
Call a professional leak detection company any time you find physical signs of a leak or suspect a leak based on the above signs.
What to Expect During Your Visit
There are a few different methods that can be used by a professional leak detection company, to find and repair a leak, so some leak detection services can differ. Here are some possible approaches:
- Acoustic Detection. This type of leak detection uses soundwaves as well as a listening device to locate water within piping and help locate a leak.
- Pressure/Flow Monitoring. This water leak detection method measures the changes in hydraulic readings over the course of a bit of time to help find a leak. While it can be very accurate, it is not used for urgent cases since it takes time to locate a leak.
- Balancing Methods. This approach to leak detection simply means visually checking for leaks or paying attention to any change in water throughout the home.
Beyond these tests, there are multiple other kinds of pipeline tests that a professional leak detection company can try on your pipes, depending on what kind of equipment they have.
Expect your plumber to check all your toilets, showers, faucets, pipes, water lines, and sewer line when performing a leak inspection.
Trust John C. Flood to Find and Repair Your Water Leaks
Don’t wait for a leak to become serious before taking serious action.
Call John C. Flood today or schedule a service appointment online for an emergency leak detection service or a regular preventive maintenance inspection. Not only are we able to detect problems with your plumbing, but we can turn around and solve them on the spot.
Early water leak detection is important to preventing large amounts of damage and expensive repairs that can occur in your home if a leak is neglected. If your home or business is experiencing a water leak, it’s necessary to identify the source of the problem as quickly as possible.
While you may be able to complete some simple leak detection techniques on your own, using the leak detection services of a professional will be faster, more reliable, and provide speedy repairs when necessary.
If you’re looking for a leak detection company, don’t hesitate to reach out to John C. Flood. Our professionals are available 24/7 to respond to your call and assist with any plumbing leak detection needs.
$675 Ecobee Smart Thermostat Installed
$500 OFF Any Complete Standby Generator Installation
$250 OFF Complete Panel Upgrade
$250 Water Main Replacement
$1,295 Installed Air Scrubber
$50 OFF Any Gerber Toilet Installation
$500 OFF Sewer Line Replacement
$150 OFF Any Water Heater Installation
$150 OFF Zoeller 507 Battery Back Up Sump Pump Installation
- Highly Accredited & Highly Rated With 1000's of 5-Star Reviews
- 100+ Years of Experience Serving Generations of Families
- Regular Rates 7 Days a Week For Your Convenience